Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Monday, February 27, 2012

Hot Wings / Buffalo Wings

One of the best things about low carbing is the Buffalo Wings!!  We have these about once a week and the hubs is never late getting home from work on wings night. :)  This is a basic recipe using the tried and true Frank's Red Hot but I will post other sauce recipes in the future.  So many flavors to toss your wings in!  I follow the basic recipe on the back of the Frank's bottle because it's never steered me wrong.  No sense in changing perfection.

5 STARS


2 1/2 pounds of chicken wing pieces (I buy the frozen Kroger bag where they wings and drumetts are already separated and ready to go)
3/4 cup Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce


Bake wings in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 1 hour.  I put them on a foil lined cookie sheet that I spray with butter flavored Pam.  They should be fully cooked and the skin crispy when done.  Toss in Franks RedHot and serve with blue cheese dressing if desired.
*You can also deep fry them for 12 minutes at 400 degrees but we actually prefer the oven method.


Now I'm not going to say you can gorge but I will say that you can eat TONS of wings and it's only trace carbs.  ENJOY!


3 comments:

  1. How many carbs are these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There also good if you put the hot sauce mixed with 1/4 stick of butter before you put in oven..then when they come out of oven heat in a deep fryer adding more hot sauce when they come out;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from Buffalo, your first mistake is using frozen wings

    ReplyDelete